Tuesday, 2 August 2016

Ceredigion last weekend.


        Cors Fochno. I set the MV light up here on sat night. It was cool and breezy and I only got 16
        species by midnight. At 11:45 the first of my target species, Rosy marsh moth, was found
        inside the trap and another came in as I was wrapping it up. The only other moth of note was
        a large Ear sp, which is being gen detted by Ina Smith, who kindly put me up for the night.


      Rosy marsh moth.


      Emerald damselfly


      Black darter


       Ynys-hir RSPB reserve.
       Ina and her partner Tony set up some traps here to check in the morning. A good catch was had
       including Crescent and a new moth for me, September thorn. I found another Rosy marsh moth
       inside my car from the night before and took it back to Cors Fochno afterwards. A look around
       the bog for Crambus silvella was unsuccessful though.


       Crescent


      September thorn.


    I then stopped at Devil's bridge on the way home.

No comments: